COVENANT PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH FOUNDATION (“CPCF”)
SELECTION CRITERIA (APPROVED BY THE SESSION ON JUNE 27, 2018)
The purpose of the Covenant Presbyterian Church Foundation (“CPCF”) is to provide a means whereby the Church can expand and enrich its ministry, and pursue the advancement of Christian work and service.
- The CPCF gives priority consideration to ministries, projects and programs which carry out the Great Commission through Christian worship, evangelism and mission.
- The CPCF gives priority consideration to a potential beneficiary who Covenant’s children, youth and adults and others can focus on and relate to, be publicly involved with, have hands-on work opportunities with, and pray for as part of Covenant’s mission activities.
- The CPCF gives priority consideration to a potential beneficiary who is part of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church denominational ministry which may include, but not be limited to, Church planting opportunities in which Covenant and others can participate.
- The CPCF gives priority consideration to a potential beneficiary who provides a transformational, impactful and sustainable plan to spread the Gospel to nonbelievers and to strengthen the faith and grow the Christian maturity of participating believers which could include an existing or start-up ministry.
- The CPCF gives priority consideration to a potential beneficiary whose project plan is clear; addresses a significant need; and whose results can be reasonably measured.
- The CPCF will review and consider the qualifications of the leadership and management of the ministry.
- The CPCF will review and consider the reasonableness of the budget and planned expenditures of the ministry.
- The CPCF will review and consider the location and targets of ministries.
- The CPCF will consider the track record of the potential beneficiary in pursuing its ministry objectives, if applicable.