A Message from Pastor Josh
We are living in unprecedented times. The foundations of life as we know it are shaking. But we belong to the Living Lord of heaven and earth.
In Psalm 62, David prayed these words:
For God alone, my soul waits in silence;
from him comes my salvation.
He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. (Psalm 62:1-2)
Though the world around us is shaken, we can rest in the Rock, our fortress.
We can lean on the one who has brought us salvation - Jesus Christ.
Under guidance of this Good Shepherd,
and out of love for neighbor,
the session of Covenant Presbyterian made the following decisions:
- Corporate worship is suspended until Sunday, May 10.
- Sunday School is suspended until Sunday, May 10.
- All other activities of Covenant are suspended until Sunday, May 10, unless it follows the current CDC (Center for Disease Control) guidance limiting gatherings to ten people or less.
The session will meet again on April 21 to pray and reassess the situation.
Since we cannot physically gather together, here is what you can do:
For the Church.
For your neighborhood.
For Jackson and the surrounding areas.
For our state.
For our nation.
For our leaders.
For those suffering and in need.
For the Lord to halt the spread of this virus.
Pray the Psalms.
If you are not on Covenant's email prayer chain, sign up by sending an email request to
When you have specific prayer requests call the church (601-981-7236) or send your prayer request to the pastors here: Covenant Prayer Request
2. Use this time as an opportunity to deepen your devotional life.
Read your Bible daily.
Read the Bible with your family daily.
If you are not sure where to start try the Gospel of John - one chapter per day.
In addition, here are some online resources for you and your family for devotion and study: Online Resources
3. Every week Covenant's website will provide resources for Sunday worship in your home.
Since we cannot gather corporately, worship with your family. This will include hymns, prayers, children's activities, and a sermon. Here is the link: Worship Guide
Check on your immediate neighbors and church family - especially the elderly.
Offer to pick up and drop off groceries, medicine, etc.
Or if you know of those who need to be served, contact the church office.
Shine the light of Christ!
5. Continue to give to Covenant.
Your church staff and campus still require funds for operation.
- Mail your check to: Covenant Presbyterian Church, 4000 Ridgewood Road, Jackson, Mississippi 39211
- Give Online through the Covenant website: Online Giving
The church office will remain open and operate under regular hours Monday through Friday. Please call if you have any questions or need assistance.
Stand on the rock.
"For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence,
for my hope is from him.
He only is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress; I shall not be shaken.
On God rests my salvation and my glory;
my mighty rock, my refuge is God." Psalm 62:5-7.